Tuesday, November 4, 2008

oi....so much to say

Soooo....let's see, whered did we leave off. Oh yes, Athens. So when we got back from the islands (back to Athens) we decided to take a 4 day tour to Olympia, Macedonia, Delphi and Meteora. Our first guide was a total biotch and then she got sick and left us so that was good. The second one was nice. The driver was CRAZY. The first day Juday and I sat up front to check things out. After thatwe say further behind because we didnot want to see our impending deaths. Better to be ignorant and get wiped out without knowing. Luckily we made it out alive. There is tons I want to say about these places but it's been a while and so much more has happened I will only skim over. Olympia was pretty sweet, original site of the Olympic games. Judy ran the track (first games were foot races only), I had flops on and obstained. The ruins were pretty incredible as well. Personally I liked meteora the best. Monistaries perched atop high rocks with cliffs all around. Very beautiful. Amazing people could build structures up there especially back in the day (thousands of years ago back in the day). Ummm...that's all I want to say about Greece right now. Athens was a lot of fun. Food was great. Greeks are not very hospitable. Glad I went, don't need to go back. I'll probably think of more to post later about it, we'll see if I find time.

No comments: