Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Man's Land

So I've discovered this little place I like to call no man's land. We'll it wasn't lost so I didn't technically discover it but when traveling on land across borders (more on that later) you first go thru the border crossing of the country you are in and then thru the border crossing of the country you are entering. Thing is there is this space of about 500 meters that, from what I can tell, does not belong to anyone. I wonder what happens if you say...run while traveling thru here. Do both countries chase you? Shoot at you at the same time? Do they argue with each other over who will catch you and take you to their underground chamber to 'extract' confessions from you. Do they stand there together smoking cigarettes and wonder what kind of idiot you are and let you run into the abyss to they jaws of the cyotes that prowl the land that neither country claims as their own?? I am very curious about this.

2 comments:

PJ said...

I wouldn't try it. Border guards are probably pretty bored. PJ

Stafford said...

Wow! Like the Gaza Strip or the West Bank....