Hello!
Yes, we are alive and well and I finally have made time to sit and write. Unfortunately I am paying for this time so I won't be able to elaborate and articulate our experiences as much as I would like. Instead you get the quck and dirty run down.
We arrived in Munich and my bag did not....at least not for two days. It's all good, honestly I didn't really care. Isn't vacation grand! Munich was fun. We wandered around Aldstadt (old town), visited many cathedreals (Euroe has many), went to a park that is 3x the size of city park. Took a bike tour around town, witnessed where people would walk down an alley (now paved in gold) to avoid saluting a Nazi symbol (if you didn't you were executed), drank bavarian beverages, swayed back and forth to polka music, sang songs we did not know the lyrics to, wandered around Marianplatz, said danke lots and lots, stayed in a nice apartment with wonderful hosts, had phenominal weather and so on and so forth. Down and dirty right? To be honest I'm not that impressed with the beer...Kemper and I make better :). We are now experts in navigating the bohn (subway) and this keyboard has keys in the wrong places and is driving me NUTZ (norry for the bad spelling, I blame the keyboard). Let's see, we also overslept our first day as our alarm clock battery died in the middle of the night. We thought we wondered out around noon (jet lag sucks) and found out it was 3pm! We hurried to the Residenze which with the epitome of excess and witnessed much extravagance and wealth (This is the palace where bavarian kings lived). Ummm....that's mostly it, like I said quick..I have more posts to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment