One would think planning a vacation is fun, right? Maybe if it is for a week or two but planning beyond that is a pain in the ars! You have to worry about passports, visas, cats, plants, bills, house, house sitters, turning off or suspending services, clothes, passport photos, iteneraries, $$, vehicles, insurance (travel and personal), work transitions, shots, pills, flights, clothes, medicines, lists, emails, goodbyes, more lists, BLOGS, etc... It goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but oi, what a lot of work to not work! Health Insurance was a concern of ours for a while but as we have learned America's health care system is second only to Japan, Cuba, Canada, Sweden, Great Britain ... well, all of Europe.....we should be in good hands. Someone asked me the other day if we would be able to get by everywhere speaking only English. I tried to explain that we weren't going to England but they just didn't seem to understand.
We've laid out all the items we plan to take with us. Judy was helpful by pointing out that I needed to cut down my items by at least half. I don't know how she thinks I'll survive without basking in the warming glow of a laptop or BlackBerry but I will trust her travel wisdom. I also find it difficult to plan in a minimalistic frame of mind when we are traveling thru such a diverse range of climates. From the chill of the Bavarian Alps to the hot humidity in the jungles of SE Asia to backpacking in the mountains of NZ. Luckily my wife's profession has planning somewhere in the title. Oh well, if this is all I have to stress about.....then life is good.
BTW thank you for all the well wishes and good mojo people have been sending, we appreciate it.
- Nick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay Nick....I ALMOST feel bad for you and your travel worries! In fact I will be thinking of you guys for the next, what? 11 days now...praying that you will be able to get it together in time to go on your trip of a life time!! Somehow...I think you are gonna pull it off no problem.
P.S. did judy tell you i was sarcastic?:) I really will be praying for you!!
jess
for the majority of events in Nick & my lives, it seems like i am usually the stress-case. its great to finally see the tables turned. I have this one down. ready to go ASAP.
Post a Comment